Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Monthly, at best?

This is difficult to maintain. But, it's important. I want to put down on virtual paper what I am experiencing from day to day. It helps to go back and read what I wrote, back then...
I did go to west Texas with Lee. We did catch Mitoura. And, I will go back in about a week...
I've got an incubator and a half full of caterpillars (excuse me, larvae) hopefully feeding away happily on Juniperus. Or, not... that is what I will be recording.
I gave my first talk about my research last Friday in Junction, Texas. I was nervous as hell all the way up until I opened my mouth, then I just had to go with it. I was glad to do it. I don't know if I explained what I was doing well, or if it made sense, or if I talked too fast. Sometimes it's difficult to say "herbivorous insects" fluently. But, I thought that was easier than "phytophagous insects."
I don't know what's next. I shouldn't even think about that, now. I should just finish this Master's degree! Not that I'm in any particular hurry. I like it here, I like what I'm doing, I like being in school and stretching what I am capable of... of trying to be ambitious, to take, and to move forward. Or up. Some kind of progressive direction.

No comments: